search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Missing my sweet Angel Prince Isaiah every second of every Minute of everyday!!

Hello beautiful people. My name is Kathy I am new to this site. After looking up some things on the Google I came across this site, I'm so glad I did, after reading alot of your stories it gave me the courage to post myself. We lost our son Prince Isaiah in February of 2017. (His name is actually Prince Isaiah it's on his birth certificate) My pain is so unbearable I can't sleep good, I have a terrible appetite, anxiety and some physical pains as well. After doing alot of reading and with information and books given to me by the hospital social worker and my doctor, I know that everything I'm feeling is totally normal, but I still don't feel normal. I know it's only been a few months but I feel like I will never be the same me agian (hoping for better not worse). I don't want to take anything out on my husband and other children, but I am angry, hurt, heartbroken and just plain numb still.
Hi Kathy, I am so sorry for the loss of your son, Prince Isaiah. I'm glad you found this site. The women who share here and offer encouragement and support have been a lifeline for me. My son, Carter, died in February as well, after 3 days in the NICU. These last 3.5 months have been the most difficult and quite frankly unbearable of my life. We miss our sweet boy so much.

Everything you are feeling is normal. And to be expected. I still have all those emotions as well. I feel time is making the rawness dissipate just a little. I hope you have a good support system and are being gentle with yourself. Seek out the women of Glow anytime you need to express sadness, anger, guilt, longing.. whatever it may be.

Each of our stories are different and our pain is our own. But we all know the path you are walking. For me I've found comfort here - no one else gets it quite like these women. Sending so many hugs your way. Keep breathing.
May 31, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJenna
Hello Jenna and thank you for the reply and welcoming me. I am also sorry for the lost of your sweet Angel Carter. And I know you know exactly how I feel. Prince Isaiah was 53 days when he passed away in me and my husbands arms in the Nicu. I'm glad to know that everything I'm feeling is normal. I pray that all of us mother's will have the strength to go on everyday, because people really don't understand how hard it is and no matter how long they were here they are our children and will forever be mourned and missed. Also I like.the "keep breathing " because it does seem like I'm holding my breathe sometimes.
Karhy, I am sorry you found yourself here, and that Prince Isaiah is no longer with you. It is incredibly heartbreaking. I lost my son this past December and still have good days and bad days but of course miss my little guy with every cell in my body. Wishing you peace.
June 1, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterCristiane