search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Trolls and not trolls

I've written a post in response to some of the awful treatment suffered by two public figures where their stillborn children were used as weapons against them in the course of a political disagreement.

I also write about the not trolls, the ones that lurk beneath the line in the comment section of articles on baby loss adding nothing but scorn and derision for the bereaved.

It came about from my decision to read these stories and pick at that scab and see the world outside of the supportive grief boards like this.

https://shoeboxfullofmemories.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/under-the-bridge/
March 2, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterRich
Rich, I did click over and read your post, several times in fact. There is a lot there to think about and it is well written!

Yes, there are cruel people in this world and idiot people and internet seems to bring them out. I know The Washington Post no longer hosts comments to stories that are "sensitive," stories about dead children and death and dying. I'm sorry these that you posted about were so in your face and that you hurt from them. I agree with you, it is wrong and stupid.

Peace.
March 3, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJill A.