search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > 6 months since goodbye

Six months ago, at 5:05 am, our Evelyn slipped from this life onto the next. She was strong, she was feisty, and she fought like mad for 8 hrs and 43 minutes to stay here with her mommy and daddy but her little body was just too tired and it was time for her to let go. My heart aches with the weight of the finality of her passing and days like today, I just feel like I'm drowning. If you have a spare thought to give today, please think of our Evie. God how I miss her and yearn for her to be in my arms.

One day at a time...
February 16, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterMelissa
Thinking of you and your sweet Evie today. I'm so, so sorry she isn't here with you. I've lacked the energy to post lately so I've only been lurking but I think of her often. Sending huge hugs.
February 16, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterMatthew's Mom
Melissa,

I am thinking of your sweet little girl, Evelyn, who should be here on earth with you now. The depth of love can cause great pain. The pain is so physical in the first year. I am sorry and thinking of you.
February 16, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterKim
Matthew's Mom - Thank you for your reply and for keeping our Evie in your thoughts, that's so kind of you. I hope you don't mind, but I'm following your blog now -- your post from January 26 was so spot on and resonated with me so much that I found myself nodding my head all the way through it. I've followed your friend Brooke's blog for quite some time -- several years before Evelyn and right after she lost Eliza -- but of course, we now have child loss in common and I actually heard about Glow through her -- she seems like a very nice person and I'm glad you have her as a friend in real life (I just read through your last several posts and realized the connection). You and your Matthew are in my heart.

Kim - You and I have some things in common, outside of the deaths of our daughters. Infertility (though not age related) has been the thorn in our side for 9 years now and it's another kind of hell. I had a first trimester miscarriage in 2011 so we should have an almost 5 year old and Evelyn. Life is just so cruel, and I'm sorry for our shared pain and sorrow. Thinking of you and your sweet little girl, too.
February 16, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterMelissa
Melissa, I will light a candle for Evelyn next to the candle I have for my son Brandon whose passing was 2 months ago yesterday. I am so very sorry she is not here with you.

I read about your journey into motherhood and I can relate, I had 2 first trimester miscarriages, one in 2014 and one in 2015, and Brandon was my rainbow. He also fought for hours until his little body had enough, and that is so very traumatic for us. I am so sorry we have this pain in common. Wishing you peace.
February 16, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterCristiane
Melissa, this post is late, but I am thinking of Evie today for you. Wishing you peace.
February 21, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterNada