search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > For Melissa

Today in Australia is the 15th, and I am thinking of you and Evelyn today, tomorrow and the next. I wish I could give you a hug and we could have a cuppa together but for now I am sending my love and hope that the coming days aren't too brutal as the last.
February 15, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterTilly's mum
Oh you have no idea how much my bleeding heart needed this today. Woke up this morning feeling physically sick -- yesterday was rough as I got a baby shower invite and a card in the mail from a friend (which I thought was a birthday card) letting me know their family was growing once again. So this note is so perfect. You are so thoughtful, thank you so very much for thinking of me and my Evelyn today (tomorrow and the day after). How I wish we could sit together and hold one another's hands, talk and cry and just be. There are days (and I know you know them well) that I feel so isolated and alienated in my grief, like no one but myself, my husband and parents remember Evelyn as we do. And then there are moments like right now where I can feel the love and support and virtual hugs from a fellow baby loss mama, all the way from Australia -- thank you. Thank you, thank you. Thinking of you and your sweet girl, your Tilly, as well. She (and you) are in my heart.
February 15, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterMelissa
Hi Melissa- thinking of you and your Evelyn today. I hate answering the phone or opening a card with the hopes that the sender will have something sensitive and caring to say simply to discover it is another person ignoring the pain. My birthday was last week and though it was easier than the build up, this isn't where I ever expected to be this year.
February 15, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterAbby