search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Five years ago

Five years ago I knew my girl was gone. I was 24 hours into being induced at 32 weeks, I was 14 hours away from holding her body in my arms. She would be 5 tomorrow. The hurt is quiet most days, she has 2 little sisters that keep me busy, but today and tomorrow the hurt is sharp and the ache of her being gone consumes me. The guilt, the loss, the anger is all here.

I miss you Grace. I love you, death cannot separate us, it cannot dim my love for you.
February 11, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterGrace's Mom
Thinking of Grace and her mom today xx
February 12, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterCristiane
Thinking of Grace today.
February 12, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterScandinavian endo-girl
Sending you some peace for these hard days, Grace's Mom. It sucks. No matter what you do, no matter how good life is or how long it has been, she is still dead, you still miss her and it still hurts.
February 12, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJill A.
Oh, A. Sending you lots of love on Grace's 5th birthday. Imagine the big girl she'd be. Grace is remembered and missed so very much.
February 13, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJLD (March is for daffodils)
Happy birthday to little Miss Grace!
She will be loved forever and never forgotten!
February 13, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterMarta
I wish sweet Grace was here on earth with you. It's so unfair she's not. Thinking of her and you on the fifth.
February 13, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterKim
Grace's Mom, we are on similar time lines......... my 5 years without Shelby is next week (her two little brothers keep me busy too).

Thinking of you and missing Grace with you. The guilt, the anger, the hole where she should be- My Shelby left the same with me. xx
February 18, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterShelby's Mum