search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Private blogging

Hi,

I have always found writing a really comforting outlet. It's therapeutic to write posts and vent my frustrations, make sense of my complex emotions, and occasionally acknowledge positivism when I feel it at times.I started a private blog on blog spot. I only have my sister and a friend with access to it, because I'm not comfortable making it public or just showing it to anyone who probably wouldn't understand my feelings. I am open to sharing it with the women on Glow because I know many of you blog and you would understand my thoughts and feelings. But is there a way I can share it while still keeping it private? Can I set a password on my blog spot and share it on here? Or do I just get people's emails and add them? <3
January 2, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterNada
I think you could ask for peoples emails if they want to read? Like I post mine with my username and blog address
January 2, 2017 | Unregistered Commenterknottedfingers
Nada- I would be interested. How do I get you my email address?
January 3, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterAbby
Hi Abby! Great, you could post it here or email me at Shatila.nada@gmail.com. do you have a blog as well?
January 3, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterNada
I know that wordpress.com allows you to create password protected posts, and you can change the password each time you post, so you could still post things that you didn't want anyone to see. I'd also be interested! I am trying to make it my new years resolution to start up my own blog about my experience. Finding other people who have gone through this horrible experience has been one of the few things to help bring any relief to my soul so I am hoping to provide that to others.
January 3, 2017 | Unregistered Commenterwicket
Hi Nada - writing is such a good thing. What about using an anonymous name, or basically any name or persona other than your own? This way, you can have it be public or not password-protected, which is logistically simpler, but you don't have to worry about being identified. Just a thought!
January 3, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterKate Inglis
Nadia I would love to read. I'm veduco@ymail.com and my blog is http://theemptycookie.blogspot.com/
January 3, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterKnottedfingers