search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Happy 3rd Birthday

Happy 3rd Birthday beautiful boy. I cried a river for you today but it was a painful privilege to still feel your loss so sharply within me. It was a privilege because so many have forgotten all about you. Only one friend remembered. And just one of my parents. It crushes me that for everyone else you have faded in to the background and become forgettable.

But not for me. Never to me. I miss you always and I will cry for you until the day I die. And as painful and horrible as it is, I'm glad those tears keep coming, because it reminds me how close we are, even though you are not here. You are hinged to me, my precious boy, forever here inside this quiet ache I carry. It hurts so much even three years later. But I feel you there in that aching space, and it's something.
November 1, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterAnon
Oh Anon, I know. Thinking of you and your little one.
November 1, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJo-Anne
Happy Birthday sweet boy. Your post is beautiful. The tears prove your connection..the bond between mother and child never goes away. I am so sorry that most forgot about his birthday. That is one of the hardest parts...that everyone seems to move on. I will be thinking of him and your family today. xoxo
November 1, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterNK
Happy birthday beautiful boy. Lots of love for your mama too. I'll remember your day for the rest of my life, november first.
November 1, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterScandinavian endo-girl
Your post bought tears to my eyes. Hope you find strength
November 2, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterMarissa
I hope to one day integrate my Nadia into my life and sense of self in that special and deep way that you carry your little boy's memory.
November 2, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterAna