search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > killings in the u.s.

I am feeling so much grief this week with all the killings in the U.S.. I just keep thinking, each one of those people shot was somebody's baby. Each of those victims has a family who watched their baby grow into adulthood and then be killed. What a nightmare. It breaks my heart. It is something I am so afraid of for my living children, that they will die someday before they've had a chance to live a full life. Joseph never got to live his life, and I have such a well of grief for his unlived life. I cannot imagine what it must be like to lose a child already grown.
July 8, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterBurning Eye
Burning Eye, I feel the same as you do. How you can raise a child all the way to adulthood - bypass all the treacherous 9 months of labor, the delivery, the SIDs risks, the kidnapping risks, the teen drunk driving risks...and still lose your baby. Alternatively, a deeper, darker part of me whispers, when I think about the killers - why couldn't my baby live and they could, just to grow up and take innocent lives. I will never understand that.
July 8, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterEvie
It's devastating and breaks my heart too, all those families grieving, all those families broken in these fits of hurtfulness and rage.
July 11, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJo-Anne