search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Sids took my 7mth old nephew..

Sept 23rd 2015 was one of the happiest days of my life, my beautiful nephew Logan James came into this world perfect and healthy. He brought so much joy into all of our lives, brought out family closer together, made my sister and brother in law the happiest they have ever been in their lives and made my parents first time proud grandparents. May 4th 2016 Was the worst day of my life... We lost my beautiful 7mth old nephew for no reason at all.. Just stopped breathing in his sleep. We are still in shock.. Heart broken... Lost... Angry... Confused... We are in agony a pain no one would understand unless it happened to them and I pray it doesnt because nobody and I mean nobody deserves to experience something like this.. Ever. I miss him so much:( his personality was just really coming out, his two bottom teething were growing in... He had his first baby cookie days before he passed... His giggle was the sweetest thing you would ever hear. I just dont understand... My poor sister and brother in law loved him more than life itself. He was their first child. Logan I love you and miss you so much.
June 2, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterStacey
Oh my gosh. I'm so very sorry for your loss, for your family, for your sister and brother in law. Logan James sounds like such an amazing little boy, such a light. I'm so sorry he's gone. My heart aches just reading your post. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts. It's just devastating - there are no words. I'm glad you've found Glow, though I'm so sorry you have. I hope your sister can find support here too. Sending the biggest of hugs.
June 2, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterMatthew's Mom
Hi Stacey,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious nephew Logan. My heart goes out to you and the rest of your family. Sending much light your way in this time. Thinking of you all.
June 3, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJo-Anne
I am so sorry you had to find this site. But I am glad you did. I can exactly understand what you, your sister and brother-in-law are going though. Losing a baby is every parent's nightmare and losing your 7 month old nephew Logan James to an unexpected and shattering event is so much more than one can take. We also lost our 9 month old daughter, healthy and happy Aarshiya, this day in January 2016 to acute liver failure which she fought bravely for 12 days at PICU. She was our first and only child. We also do not know what and how she succumbed to the disease. Doctors said that it was viral, but could not identify it with all the known hepatic viruses. I am crying writing this to you, my heart goes out to all of you and I know what your sister is going through. May she find some peace here.
June 5, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterAarshiya's Mum
It's been so long since I've visited Glow. I scrolled through and saw SIDS. My heart dropped. I'm so sorry your sweet sister and brother and law's baby is gone. Sweet baby Logan. We too lost a son at 6 months old in his sleep. I KNOW what they are going through. It is the most devastating loss a human can bear. We are 3.5 years out, have had another child. But the pain is ever present. The missing a part of your soul. It is life shattering. I'm here if they need someone who gets it.
September 30, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJulie
Julie, thanks for writing and i am so sorry you lost your beautiful son to this aweful thing they call SIDS... my family is not dealing well. Logans birthday was on Sept 23 he would have turned 1 and instead of having a wonderful party with cake gifts and balloons we were crying outside of his Mausoleum wall... why.. I would love to hear how your family has been over he last 3.5 yrs and how it was to have another child. Please email me if you are ever up for it I know its hard to talk about... thanks again for sharing xo
September 30, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterStacey
Aarshiyas mom Im sorry I did not see your message until now. Im am so sorry you lost your little girl to such a mysterious illness. 9 mths old... my goodness so heart breaking... I pray your family finds peace, mine hasnt but you can only hope. We miss Logan every day and I know you miss you beautiful daughter like crazy. Nobody could understand the pain... xo
September 30, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterStacey
Stacey my email is julie.warnke@gmail.com if they ever want to contact me. If she is on Facebook, I am part of an amazing group of SIDS Moms who can provide help and support if she is interested. Holding you and your family close.
October 1, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJulie