search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Never less

I haven't been here in awhile, and know for many of you, loss and trauma is fresh, raw, and consuming. Life for me is different 7 years after Tiger died and 10 years after Will died. But every day I love them, eveyday I am crystal clear that we lead a wildly different life than we had planned. I am able to feel geniune happiness now, which I wasn't sure would ever come. "A grace too powerful to name" reminds me what the love of my boys has evolved into with time. But certain days, this one actually a perfect spring day, I'm time-machined back to the raw longing. And with everything that I've gained through time, I miss them as deeply as that first endless, crushing moment. So I wanted to tell you that it changes. And it doesn't. And there can be great love from it all. And the 'glow' of loss never leaves me. Because you might wonder about that. I did. And I really honestly wish you weren't here to read this. Big love and light to all you beautiful mothers.
May 18, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterSooze
I couldn't have said it better, sooze. If you're in the mood, would you mind expanding on this a touch and submitting it as a guest post? Whenever it strikes you. Doesn't have to be long. xo —Kate
May 18, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterKate Inglis
I would be honored Kate. Have posted once before - happy to again. Let me know.
May 18, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterSooze
Yes please! I love this reflection on the passing of time and the return of an adjusted happiness. I feel like I've been seeing lots of need for a view of that, lately. Whenever you're able to get it down: http://www.glowinthewoods.com/submit/ xo
May 18, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterKate Inglis